In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

204 Ruger ???

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
I have gathered some 204 DATA and plan to start reloading soon. I would like too hear what as work for you. I am hoping to take some of the guessing out of picking th bullet matching the powder and fiddling with too much.
I wish, I could DUP the hornaday factory 32gr vmax load. but I have read the powder is still propietary. and not available to the public.[V]

thanks

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thinking about getting a 204 ruger to replace the old 22 magnum since ammo is tough to find. How is the 204 to reload as compared to the 22 hornet? Never had a hornet, but heard they can be difficult to reload for. Would the 204 Ruger be the same way? Thanks.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They reload as easily as most anything else--the bullets are kind of tiny if you have fat fingers, but otherwise
    . Hornet cases are thin so you have to be careful not to crumple the necks when seating bullets.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    204 Ruger is nothing like a 22 Hornet. The only similarity is both are center fire.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ruger M77 Hawkeye:

40 gr. Nosler ballistic tip
    29 gr. Reloader 15
    Hornady case/WSR primer
    3887 FPS
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    22 Hornet with a cast lead bullet several grains of Unique, almost silent, hits hard enough to take deer with a head shot for less than a nickel even at today's prices.