In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sig P-210 in Competition

BriareosBriareos Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
One of my all time favorite firearms is the Sig p-210 and I would also like to get into competition shooting of some kind...

Is there a place for an 8-shot 9mm auto in any category of competition shooting out there?

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    P210 is eligible for CMP Service Pistol conventional (bullseye) competition and unlike many is accurate enough to be competitive.

I have shot mine in IDPA but the 8 shot (10 allowed) capacity and heel magazine catch put you at a disadvantage. If you can handle the challenge, go for it.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Nra Bullseye however this match is shot with three pistols you mostlikely will have to contact the match director if you only want to shoot 1/3 of it The normal course of fire is 90 shots with a 22 LR 90 shots with any center fire pistol "this is where the P210 fits well and then 90 shots with a 45ACP /each pistol 30 shots of slow fire are normally shot at 50 yards or on a reduced center at 25 yards both the 30 shots of timed fire and 30 shots of rapid fire are shot at 25 yard target. try it a great sport that will help you in all other disciplines
    of pistol shooting