In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone have Experience with ACME HiTek Bullets?

BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
Wondering if anyone has had experience with the ACME brand "Lipstick" HiTek coated bullets or other manufactures HiTek coated bullets? Mostly wanting to make sure that the coating isn't ending up in the barrel like moly does.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No clue what it is. You would think they would say something on their web page. I look up their Blue Manga Lube and nothing there about it either.

Back in the day "Rooster Red" was popular because it was hard and easier to handle the bullets cleanly but it didn't lubricate cast bullets properly if they were driven hard.

http://www.acmebullet.com/index.php?route=common/home
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's one in every crowd.. BILL!!! [:D]

Blue Magna is a pretty common bullet lube. It's this new encapsulated coating that they are using that they say can be pushed to higher velocities and encapsulates the bullet eliminating exposed lead that has me wondering.
  • Options
    noyljnoylj Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothing new about it--just new to them, maybe.
    Probably applied and cured, coatings are great.
    Improperly done, it gets on your hands and doesn't protect from leading.
    For me, I have no issue with standard lubed lead bullets, so don't use them very much as I don't see what I gain from paying more money.
  • Options
    wiz1997wiz1997 Member Posts: 1,051 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I reload for my Mom's 38 Special using their lead bullets.

I keep them at the recommended velocity and have minimal leading of the barrel.

Remember plated bullets are to be loaded at the same velocities as lead unless manufacturer states otherwise.