In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9.3x57mm load data?

MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
I scored 249 9.3 mm bullets at a local gun show todaY, the Spear 270 gn are easy. I need data for the 150 200 gn German bullets, any body?
87dwNNRm.jpg
oops, forgot the pix. will be fired in a M-98 (F/N) actioned rifle.

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mike Wiskey,

Any fine tuned data will depend upon which 'German bullets' you might be referring to. The other part of the equation is what rifle are these being firing in. This will determine the pressure limit and therefore the loading of the cartridge. The range runs from 43,000 PSI to 58,000 PSI so the rifle is significant.

The German bullets I've used are the RWS KS bullets which are referred to as a coned point bullet for greater accuracy, yet lethal on game. They are available in the 200 grain weight. Here the consideration is the length of the bullet as compared to the length of the chamber as this is a short bullet based on weight and diameter. If your chamber is a standard CIP length then there will be a significant jump to the lands when you load this bullet for good neck retention.

Best.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting cartridge. I would get a bullet mold for it, Loverin style preferred.

http://www.ballisticstudies.com/Knowledgebase/9.3x57+Mauser.html

Hodgdon online has data for the 9.3 x 62 with 250 - 300 grain bullets that are all less than 50,000 CUP using current available powders.

I have seen data for the 35 Whelen & 358 Win. with 180 gr bullets.