In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9mm trajectory at 75ft

hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
I'm shooting a Glock 34 9mm 115 speer using factory adjustable sights as I received from factory. I am grouping within a couple of inches at 21 ft and 50 ft but when I shoot at 75ft I'm am on center but a few inches high. Is the trajectory of the bullet still rising past 50 ft? Do I have to make sight adjustments?

Comments

• Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks very much. This chart is exactly what I was looking for. It explains why I'm shooting a couple inches high at 25yds
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Short answer, yes, you would adjust the sight to be on target at 75 ft.
    Keep in mind that the bore and sights are on two different planes. There is only one distance where they will coincide. When you adjust the sight you are actually changing the angle of the bore / the angle that the bullet exits. At the short distances you are shooting I think 'the bullet path" is an easier term to understand than "the trajectory" since the path is almost a straight line at that distance.