In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hornady LNL powder dispenser problem

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
When trying to adjust the machine to slow down and not over charge I press the cal button and "set" comes up like it's supposed to. But when I hit the units button to slow it down it gives me numbers like 25.8 instead of .3 like it's supposed to. Same thing when I hit the speed to try and increase it. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds defective or out of adjustment I'd contact them https://www.hornady.com/contact/
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Boy, good thing you saved all that money by not buying a Dillon!
    Now you can afford to ship that thing all over the country to get it to work.[;)]
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505
    Boy, good thing you saved all that money by not buying a Dillon!
    Now you can afford to ship that thing all over the country to get it to work.[;)]

Huh?? I guess you're correct in trying to state that you get what you pay for....However, since it was a gift from my wife I did get what I paid for....She didn't find the humor in your statement though...And after looking at Dillon's web site I don't see that they even make an auto dispenser....But hey, thanks for the thoughtful reply[;)]
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    The Dillon powder dispenser is automatic, once you adjust to your desired load. I've found that mine is still more accurate by volume than most powder dribblers over the last 35 years, and infinitely adjustable.
    The main benefit is that I can run 500 rounds of .38Super for the monthly match, pull 2 pins & mount the tool head for .357Sig, fine tune the powder charge, and crank out 100 rounds for the indoor range with lead bullets and a low-flash powder, then pull 2 pins & insert the tool head with the 300 Win Mag and its' own Magnum powder dispenser, check the powder charge & pull 160 rounds for the F-Class match.
    The only digital device on my bench is a powder scale for checking charge weights when I change toolheads.

I shoot a little, so the money saved means more ammo to practice with; your mileage may differ.

And, let her know I'm sorry that she didn't ask me first[}:)]