In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ammo for Winchester 94's

koolkoinskoolkoins Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
Can anyone tell me what ammo options are available to use in the Winchester Model 94 Trapper .44 Rem-Mag, and the Trapper .45 Colt ?
I presently own a Trapper .357 which I can also use .38 Special. I'm thinking of buying the Trapper .44 or .45 Colt unless ammo costs are prohibitive.
Thanks for your help,

JC (koolkoins)

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    In the 44 you could use either the mag or spl, but for price, the mag is probably cheaper due to the relative scarcity of the spl.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate the help.

Koolkoins
  • Options
    SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    With as much cowboy action shooting going on these days .45 Long Colt has come way down on the price and there is every load conceiveable out there now, lite loads for Cowboy action, stiff loads for hunting, if it were me I'd go .45 over a .44 any day.
    Nostalgia!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Makes sense to me. I also assume I could use the .45 Colt/Long Colt in a revolver too ??
    Thanks for your input and help.
    Other comments from anyone ??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Koolkoins
    I hope my answer wasn't mis-leading. The .45 Colt and .45 Long Colt I referred to are one in the same cartridge just 2 names for the same thing, and yes a pistol of that chambering shoots the same ammo as the rifle.
    [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks again for clearing that up as I wasn't sure. Unless I'm convinced otherwise, I think I might go the way of the .45. My primary goal is to purchase another "94" while their still available and may possibly increase in value. What do you think, if you don't mind my asking ?

koolkoins
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Koolkoins I'm not sure about how much their value increasing but I do know you will be very happy owning one and shooting one. Like most things (guns) they will increase in value if taken care of. Own it, shoot it, enjoy it...............
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Snellstrom, once again thanks for your help and input. This all has been very helpful.
    Thanks,
    koolkoins