In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Got Chronograph?

Tips? Hints? Suggestions?

Is the Shooting Chrony brand any good?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll let you know in a few days my Chrony is on the way. Bought one at midway. For what I need to do it should work fine, however a while back I asked on this forum about Chronographs and Nononsense gave a link and some great info on another brand with a software program that was out of my budget but looked very appealing for someone with more technical wants.
    I simply want to run some of my hunting loads across them to see if the math I've been doing all these years is correct. I'm no competing target poker, just a hunter.
  • duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a Chrony Beta Master that works well enough for my purposes, although when I'm done buying other stuff on my list I intend on getting an Oehler. Oehler, IMO is like the Cadillac of chronographs..
  • rlnblkrlnblk Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought the pact model xp .It does all that I need from it.I like not shooting over the chronograph itself,although I have never shot a sky screenand if you are careful this shouldnt be a problem.
  • mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Oehler is a super crono, but you better get one while you can.
    I believe they will discontinue to make them for the average shooter....
  • OregunnerOregunner Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Chrony Beta basic unit. It does everything I need it to do & it does it much better than I expected for the price. Very simple to operate & it was only $89 at Sportsmans Warehouse. The Beta is upgradeable & the printer may be a handy option. Small, light, simple & cheap. Just like me.
  • dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oregunner
    ..... Small, light, simple & cheap......

hehe...well... two out of four of those for me.
  • RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one and it worked fine. At least until I drilled it with my .270. But is the product good? Yes. Does what it says it will and service is good.
  • deceedecee Member Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a beta.
    It works as claimed.

Best is it is made in Canada!!

Trouble is they are so much cheaper in the USA even though they make them less than 2 miles from my house

http://www.shootingchrony.com/index.htm
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chrony gamma master here. Works great and gives me print-outs I can store with the targets and load data.
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    i have a CED Millennium i like the large display screen
  • stankempstankemp Member Posts: 509 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto the Chrony. Simple to use and buy.
    Good starter chronograph.
    Stan