In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Which brand bullet-Nosler or Sierra

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
I am looking into loading 358 winchester with a 225 grain bullet. I was considering the Sierra 225 grain, because several of my reloading books list it with the powder that I have on hand.
I noticed the sierra bullet was considerably cheaper than the other one I was considering, the Nosler.
If the Nosler is better, I will certainly use it instead of the Sierra. But sometimes, more expensive doesnt mean better, and I am wondering if this is one of those cases.
Ill be using it for deer at distances less than 150 yards.

Comments

• Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    The decision might be made by your rifle. Need to find out which bullet "she" likes...and go from there.
  • Options
    remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have used mainly sierra bullets in all my hunting rifles, using Sierra Gameking bullets, designed for hunting, i've never had bullet failure. I've always had good acuracy once i fine tuned the load for my gun, not all guns are the same and neither are all bullets, you're gun may like one brand better than another, i've always been pleased with my results with Sierra's. Like the saying goes *if it ain't broke... don't fix it* what do you intend on using your 358 for? bullet selection has alot to do with your choice of brand, one brand may make a bullet better suited for your intended purposes.
  • Options
    SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For Deer size game you will not be disappointed with Sierra's. If your gun shoots them well go with it.
    I've shot many heads of game with the Sierra 180 grain in my 30/06 and don't have any failure stories.