In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Varget and the .30-06

PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
I have been reloading my .30-06 hunting loads with Varget powder and 150 gr. Hornady SST with good success. Was wondering if anybody else uses this powder in the .30-06, most of the posts I read all suggest the IMR like 4350 or the 4831. I don't want to fix something that's not broke unless there is a reason to.

Comments

• temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use to load it with 125gr Nosler B.Tips in the 06 and use them for coyote loads with good results. Very fast load. RL15 loads good with the light bullets too. Never found a good enough reason to stop loading IMR4064 and IMR4350 in it with hunting weight bullets. To much success for to many years, and too much 4350 on hand not to load it..........[8D] -- I've gotten good results with Varget in 223,243,308 and 30.06 -- Very consistant in different temps too. It's good powder. Really loads well in the 223...........best..