In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Prices

WoW!
Since E-Bay won't let us buy and sell reloading stuff anymore, sellers on GunBroker are starting to go wild on prices.[xx(]

Comments

• Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Shooting prices may be on the rise.

I've been reloading now for the first
    time in 20 years and am astounded at
    the price of the components. Granted,
    there are more offered today but the
    costs have gone through the roof!

Since January 2002...

Copper prices have gone up 206%

Nickel up 429%

Lead up 174%

Zinc 141%

Add increased fuel and transportation costs the margin is much higher, too!
    BEST1.jpg
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Just picked up supplies, Prices I paid are $33 for W209 primers per K, 700x power was $105 per 8 pounds, shot at $33 going up to $39. 4053 Imr was $23 per lb.
    Gonna have to quit reloading!
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I replied to you over in general discussion.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Hmm. Well if you cast your own, as I do, and aren't picky about the source, lead is free. From my local garage's old wheelweight bin.

For jacketed bullets, yes, I've noticed a slight upwards trend over time, it worries me.
  • Options
    rovernutrovernut Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, you guys are nubes! When I started, Hodgen powder was $.99 a pound, primers were $.99 Hd, and Hornday 30 cal 150 sp were $3.99 a box. My first box of store bought ammo was Winchester 30/06 silvertips, $4.99 per box. I still have that box with the price tag on it, and 3 shells left! So, don't complain, I cry everytime I go to the gun shop!!