In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trail Boss in rifle calibers??

mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone use the new Trail Boss powder in rifles? I know it can be used for pistol caliber rifles, but am curious to know if anyone has used it in any of the smaller calibers, say 25-20, 32-20, 30 Rem, etc.? Emery

Comments

• Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have loaded it in 44-40. I have been shooting them in my S&W No3 Frontier. I have a Rossi 44-40 rifle, but I haven't shot them in it yet. It works well in my pistol. I am loading light loads of 5.1 gr with a 200 gr lead bullet. I have several 32-20 rifles and a pistol that I will probably load some Trail Boss when I get around to it.
  • Options
    cajunmancajunman Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used it in my 45-70, 30-30, 45 Colt & 38 Spl. It works fine in all of the calibers that I have tried it in. I have to use a dacron filler in the 45-70 or the groups are terrible and the bullets keyhole.
  • Options
    mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for your input. Are there loading tables out yet for the rifle calibers? Emery
  • Options
    cajunmancajunman Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The new IMR reloading pamplet has data for Trail Boss