In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

20ga. load for 11-87.

7mmbr7mmbr Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
I just bought my wife a new Remington 11-87 Premier in 3". She can shoot the AA Super Sport loads and Remington STS loads and eject with no problem. However I can load them with 13.0 grns of International or Universal with 3/4 oz and they do not eject. I have even went up to 7/8oz and still the same. I have tried 800X and no go either. Does any one have any suggestions? I am trying to keep them light for she is just beginning and does not want to be kicked.

Comments

• Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I assume you want to use the 2 3/4" Win. AA or the Remington 2 3/4" STS hulls ? -- Which primers and powder do you want to use or have on hand ?? International Clays, Universal Clays, 800x ???
  • Options
    7mmbr7mmbr Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use and have both AA and STS hulls. I have both Rem and Win 209 primers and have all 3 powders and DO NOT like 800x in the 20ga. It is dirty and I just tried International powder with 12.5 grns and 13.0 grns over 3/4oz and it did not cycle the weapon. I am going to try 13.5 then 14.0 grns of Intern. and see what happens. Any tried and proven loads using these powders? I am using CB20 1oz wads.
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't have any loads for the CB20 wads. Are they a replacement wad for the WAA20 wad ( CB= Claybuster I presume ? )? -- If you don't mind another type Powder I've got a 7/8 oz load with Winchester WSF powder that duplicates Winchester Factory 2 3/4" AA Target loads at 1200 FPS if your interested, and some loads with WAA20 wads, Remington wads and other stuff with the powders you have. -- You may have to go with 7/8 oz rather than 3/4 oz to get it to cycle. Some of them will, some won't....[:(] -- PS= I don't like the 800x powder for this application either. I just asked because you mentioned it in your post................[8D]