In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Berry's vs. Rainer

gunguy30_06gunguy30_06 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
Which do you think is better, Berry's bullets and Rainer bullets. I know that they are both plated but doesn one have a thicker coat or is one a harder cast? Or are they so close that you can't say one is better than the other. i think that i might just try both and see which one my guns like better.

Comments

• BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rainer restrike plated bullets are better. They have a heavier plate and are sized a second time after the plating process (hence the restrike). Berry's bullets aren't bad I prefer the Rainer.
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Same plate thickness, I have torn apart bullets and measured myself. Berrys offers double struck bullets as well.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I much prefer the Rainer bullets to Berry's. I seem to get a more consistant OAL, and much less runout. The double struck bullets are nice for obvious reasons. One last advantage is I can get the Rainer cheaper and in stock at my local Cabelas store.