In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

rp or sp remington wads

jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
one more dilemma. someone gave me a bunch of open bag remington wads that said rp12. after reoading about 10 boxes, i went to get more wads and noticed this bag said sp12, but the 2 wads looked the same, now i'm not sure if i have sp or rp's. does anyone know how i can tell? what the difference is? thanks again

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Since Remington changed the target wad to RXP12 they list the load as 1 1/4 oz for both the RP12 and the SP12, so possibly they are the same now. Check the petals and see if they are both the same, or if one has little spots connecting the petals.
  • Options
    jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ray, i don't THINK they are the same. i have only one kind so i have none to compare to. someone told me, i don't know if its true, that the rp's are split almost to the shot cup and the sp's are only 1/2 way. they are both 1 1/4 oz. wads but the rp's are also listed in 1 3/8 and 1 1/2 oz recipies. also when i see them listed with the same other components they have different pressures. thats why i'd like to know which i have. thanks again, jag