In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cast Bullets in a 45 GAP

Hello All,

I've had my 45 GAP for a while and enjoy reloading for it. I recently started casting my own bullets out of lead and want to do that for my GAP as well. I've tried doing the research online, looked in reloading books, and looked at past posts here but I can find very little load data for loading cast bullets into the GAP case. I'm hpoing for a 185-200 grain bullet. I can find load data only for 155 grain cast bullets. Anyone here have some loads they like for those cast bullets or know of a place that that info can be found. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if that is a glock you CAN NOT shoot lead bullets,it fouls the barrel to the point of blowup.
  • Options
    flyin-sky-highflyin-sky-high Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm shooting an XD-45 GAP. I was able to play with it this afternoon and using some load data I got from the internet had a good starting point. 3.8 grs Titegroup, 200 gr bullet cast from a Lyman SWC with a COL of 1.06(any longer wouldn't cycle properly). But shooting those verus a factory load I could tell I was on the light side. Any new books including the GAP with lead bullets this year??? Any one else got some better loads to try.
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lead bullets + polygonal barrel = very bad news!
  • Options
    flyin-sky-highflyin-sky-high Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was told that the XD's didn't have any problems shooting lead bullets, that it was just the Glocks that couldn't handle it.