In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

7br

groundy41groundy41 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
i have just built a 7mmbr for f class it is built on a omark acttion and has a 27 ins barrell .i use adi powders would any body have any loads that they would like too shere or any short cuts would be good thank you

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    groundy41,

That's a tough chamber for use in F-Class. The loading information will depend on what bullets you choose to test and the Overall Length that you choose for bullet seating.

Taking a general idea of high BC bullets loaded in a standard length chamber and throat, I've had good luck with the 162 gr. AMAX from Hornady. You could drop down to the 150 gr. Sierra MK but you lose at the target end with more drop. Going up in weight as well as BC will not gain anything but it will lose significantly more velocity unless you have a throat that can accommodate the 180 gr. Berger VLD seated out to an OAL of say approximately 2.600". Now you can get the biggest bang for the buck without sacrificing drop at the target. It will look like a missile standing upright on your bench but it should do the trick. The problem then becomes one of consistant concentricity of the bullet to the case and then to the throat and bore line. There's a long piece of bullet hanging out the front of the case with a small amount in the neck so care has to be used when seating. I apologize if this sounds like lecturing and if you know these things already.

Based on the 180 gr. Berger VLD seated out, that puts you in your category of AR-2208 or something near Varget and AA-2520. However, in the shooting that I've done, I still contend that our IMR-3031 is one of the best for accuracy in small case capacity, large (heavy/long) bullet combinations. This would translate to your Benchmark(2) in the ADI powders. There are other powders to be sure and several in the ADI line-up that could also be suitable. Switching to the lighter target bullets would allow for the use of your BM(1) or equivalent.

I know it's not much but the 7BR Remington isn't one of the hot cartridges over here in F-Class. It is however, very popular along with the 7mm-08 in Silhouette and some High Power competitions.

Let us know how your testing goes.

Best of luck!