In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need a good load-7mm-08/22 Hornet

GUNFUNCOGUNFUNCO Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
Anyone have a good load they have used in a Rem Mod 7 in 7mm-08 that is good and accurate and not at the very top of the pressure range. I have new remington brass and some remington 140 gr bulk bullets. I'm just trying to save some time and effort. I am experienced in reloading.

Also same for a ruger 77/22 hornet. I have some new Rem brass and numerous kinds of 22 cal bullets. Please note what weight/brand of bullets and if .223 or .224 diameter.

Thanks for the help, folks. Don't worry, I'll recheck with loading manuals-got most of the common ones.

Comments

• PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the Hornet, I use 13 grains of Lil'Gun under a 35 grain V-Max (224) and Remington 1 1/2 Small Pistol Primer. Winchester brass
    seems to work marginally better than Remington.
    Pete
  • D.S.COLED.S.COLE Member Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not had any great success with the bulk bullets,but every rifle is different yours may do okay with them.
    The best load Ive used in a model 7 7mm/08 is with Nosler Ballistic tip 140 gr and 41 grs of IMR4895.
    It has worked fine not only in my rifle, but for some shop customers I loaded for, and for others I gave it to .
  • GUNFUNCOGUNFUNCO Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you both for your info. I'll get to work on it soon. This gives me a good place to start.