In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just ordered....

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
A reloading manual, it was recommended to me by several members to get a manual and read it cover to cover.

I just ordered this, I looked at different manuals and the reviews recommended this for beginners.

Is this a decent manual???

The ABC's of reloading. 7th ed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0873498518/sr=8-1/qid=1140394167/ref=sr_1_1/104-0539857-7307951?_encoding=UTF8
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments

• Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ANY manual is a good book. Just get the grasp of the principles as well as the process, and keep educating yourself as time passes.[;)]
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a pretty good book. It will be money & time well spent...........good luck..........[8D]
  • Options
    OregunnerOregunner Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would suggest that you don't limit yourself to one reloading book. I'm sure the one you have chosen will teach you all the basics, however it is a good idea to have several to cross reference loading data. Many times one book will have different starting & max loads than another for the same powder/primer/bullet combination. Some will have powders that aren't included in others. Some will have bullets not included in others. The ones from bullet manufacturers will have loads for only their brand of bullets. In recent months I have purchased three more manuals because the 8 or 9 I already had are older books & do not include some newer cartridges & powders. Bottom line- You cannot have too many loading manuals. Or guns :)
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oregunner
    I would suggest that you don't limit yourself to one reloading book. I'm sure the one you have chosen will teach you all the basics, however it is a good idea to have several to cross reference loading data. Many times one book will have different starting & max loads than another for the same powder/primer/bullet combination. Some will have powders that aren't included in others. Some will have bullets not included in others. The ones from bullet manufacturers will have loads for only their brand of bullets. In recent months I have purchased three more manuals because the 8 or 9 I already had are older books & do not include some newer cartridges & powders. Bottom line- You cannot have too many loading manuals. Or guns :)

Very good advice. And if I may add this: spend time with an experienced reloader. They'll teach you tips and safety that you might have to learn the hard way on your own. My dad helped me a whole bunch when I started.
  • Options
    macabestmacabest Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great book. It's the first one I got also. You will learn more about the components, and process then you probably want to know. Also supplement with a couple other loading manuals. If you are going to focus on one caliber there are books that compile info from lots of sources into one book. They are bound with plastic bindings and are cheaper than the bigger books.
    Marc