In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Weatherby Vanguard

rhino43rhino43 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
Got Weatheryby Vanguard 22-250 with 1in 14 twist just wondering if any body out there got good pet loads[?]. Thankyou for your time time

Comments

• Options
    D.S.COLED.S.COLE Member Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The standard or first to try load for the 22/250 for many years has been 38 grs of H380 powder and any good 52--55 gr bullet.I like the ballistic tip 55 gr.This load works to satisfaction most of the time.
    Every rifle has its individual preferences ,yours may be an exception but this is what I try first.
  • Options
    OregunnerOregunner Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by D.S.COLE
    The standard or first to try load for the 22/250 for many years has been 38 grs of H380 powder and any good 52--55 gr bullet.I like the ballistic tip 55 gr.This load works to satisfaction most of the time.
    Every rifle has its individual preferences ,yours may be an exception but this is what I try first.

Good advice. 37 grains of H-380 is my personal favorite with a 52 grain Seirra HPBT bullet. One word of caution- my VZ-24 Mauser action has a Star barrel with 1-14 twist & try as I might I never could get it to shoot bullets that were heavier than 55 grains. It will keyhole 60 grainers no matter what I tried to do. It shoots 55's pretty well, 52 HPBT (or lighter) excellent but it just doesn't have enough twist to stabalize 60's, save your money.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    38.5gr H380 with a 52gr SMK and a cci primer with .002" nk tension is the ticket in my pards 22-250 rem700 VLS.