In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Magnum A5 loads

Please help!
I am having trouble finding the right 12 gauge load (2 3/4) that my Browning A5 heavy 12 will eject properly, and keepind the cost to a minimum (shell wise). Am I stuck with shooting the higher priced 2 3/4 loads?

Comments

• PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    Do you have the rings set for the lightest loads?
  • rc707698rc707698 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it a 3" chambered gun or 2 3/4" ( I assume a 3" from Magnum topic title). -- Are you wanting to shoot handloads or factory ammo?
  • rc707698rc707698 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes everything is correct.The light loads won't kickout but the heavy field loads will. I am also using factory ammo, I don't at this time have the means to reload or the option to purchase reloads.
    More info of the gun: Browning A5 Heavy 12 chambered for 2 3/4 and 3". 32" barrel, invector plus.I bought it new and most recently found out its a Trap Special.
    I have used the gun to hunt everything from turkeys to quail. When I switch to the 2 3/4 (by removing the rings)I have to buy the higher priced field loads for it to eject. It will not eject the cheaper black low brass - I call them dove loads.
    I would like to use the gun more often on a recreational basis without it taking me to the bank.I haven't tried a lot of different loads. I personally think if I were to shoot a hotter shell (this is the part were I may sound stupid and don't know much more than stick it in and pull the trigger) like maybe some AA's or Fiochi (sp) it might work.
    Any thoughs?