In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

LEE PRESS?????

duker33duker33 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
I AM LOOKING AT GETTING A NEW PRES I BEEN LOOKING AT THE LEE TURRET PRESS WHAT DOSE EVERYONE THINK OF THEM AND ARE THERE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Go with RCBS...they are more expensive, but they are made 10X better and will last you a lifetime.
  • Options
    PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own a Lee turrent press, You get what you pay for. I've had one for over a year now and have loaded 3 to 4 thousand rounds through it and the only problem I've had was the plastic collar that works the auto index cracked. If it means anything I'm in the process of replacing it with a Dillon 550B.
  • Options
    knucklehead14knucklehead14 Member Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LYMAN forget the rest.
  • Options
    duker33duker33 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i got a RCBS AND A C&H BUT WANT ONE I CAN LEAVE THE DIES IN AND POP OUT THE TURRET AND IT LOOKS LIKE FOR THE MONEY THE LEE IS A GREAT DEAL AND I USE A AUTO PRIME OR MY C&H JSUT FOR PRIMEING THE BRASS
  • Options
    The GinralThe Ginral Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you say Lee turret press I'm wondering if you're aware of the NEW Lee turret press. It has a cast iron base kind of like their newer cast Classic or whatever they call it.

Lee products seem to get a lot of unwarranted critism here but I've used them for 30 years without complaint except I don't like the powder measure or scale.

I've had the old turret press for several years and was happy with it but couldn't resist getting the new one, definately more solid feeling.

Check it out on Midway's site...got mine for $79.99.
  • Options
    D.S.COLED.S.COLE Member Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a Lee 3 hole Turret press with satisfaction. I think the newer one is a 4 hole plate.
    Im a great believer in the Lee Factory crimp die and use it on all my rifle loads.
    I put the Lee 3 die rifle set ,sizer,seater and factory crimp in the 3 hole plate and it works great. Lee stuff is a lot better than some people seem to think.
    Dont be afraid to try it.
    The Factory crimp die cant bulge a shoulder like crimping with a regular die can do and always helps the accuracy. Ive got one for a dozen calibers and wouldnt be without it.
    Lee stands behind their products if you do have a problem, Ive used Lee dies and presses for twenty years and had one press problem years ago and they fixed it free .
  • Options
    drygulchdandrygulchdan Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have set up five of the new classic turret presses for a friend.I think they are excellant for the price.
  • Options
    WWllVetWWllVet Member Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been using the Lee 3 hole turret press for about thirty years and have had no problems with it. I load every thing from 25-20 WCF up to .45-70 Govt. I also form my own .38-56 brass from .45-70 Govt. on it.
    I also agree about the Factory crimp dies. Wouldn't be without them.

for GOD and COUNTRY

Vet