In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

lead shot price

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭✭
I just checked and Gander Mt. is $19.95 for a 25 pound bag, and a local sale has it for $17.25, What is the going price for lead shot?

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    That's about right for standard lead shot.
  • Options
    The Load RoomThe Load Room Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems like $1 more than I gave a few weeks ago but it was explained to me that the lead market just fluctuates regularly.
    Funny story concerning the shot prices going up, I have a friend who's uncle sent his wife to Sportsmans Warehouse (Boise ID) a week ago to get 10 bags each of three different shot sizes since he heard it was going up $3 a bag. Well since she seems to like to save money she decided to "stock up" for him! At 70 bags (yes you read correctly SEVENTY BAGS) the poor old shopping cart went down on it's knees! [:0][:0][:0] [:D][:D][:D]
    Seventy bags [:0] 1,750 POUNDS [B)] and when the employees showed up with the pallet jack to restock what she had removed she had them take it (the pallet jack and the seventy allready counted) out to the parking lot to their truck and keep loading [:0] Have no idea what the final count was [?] [:D] BUT OMG! [:D][:D][:D] LMAO when I was listening to the story!
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought six bags for five bucks at an auction a couple years ago. I guess nobody wanted to carry it.[;)]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was told by a suppier that shot,bullets,primers are all going up in price 13%,, pretty much everthing is. [:(]
  • Options
    tatercatstatercats Member Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $13 a bag for 8 and nine shot at an estate auction saturday. he took all 45 bags of it.
  • Options
    7mmbr7mmbr Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just ordered my trap season shot supply of 1 ton and got it for $17.50 bag for Magnum shot (Black Bag to some) per ton!!!! It was 3 weeks ago $19.85 per bag. Per ton it was $18.75.
  • Options
    OregunnerOregunner Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by The Load Room
    Seems like $1 more than I gave a few weeks ago but it was explained to me that the lead market just fluctuates regularly.
    Funny story concerning the shot prices going up, I have a friend who's uncle sent his wife to Sportsmans Warehouse (Boise ID) a week ago to get 10 bags each of three different shot sizes since he heard it was going up $3 a bag. Well since she seems to like to save money she decided to "stock up" for him! At 70 bags (yes you read correctly SEVENTY BAGS) the poor old shopping cart went down on it's knees! [:0][:0][:0] [:D][:D][:D]
    Seventy bags [:0] 1,750 POUNDS [B)] and when the employees showed up with the pallet jack to restock what she had removed she had them take it (the pallet jack and the seventy allready counted) out to the parking lot to their truck and keep loading [:0] Have no idea what the final count was [?] [:D] BUT OMG! [:D][:D][:D] LMAO when I was listening to the story!

Wowee! What kind of truck was she driving?
  • Options
    7mmbr7mmbr Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apparently big enough truck, but NOT big enough shopping cart!!!!!!!!!