In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Estate shotshell reloading; Does anybody?

Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't see these hulls for sale on Gunbroker, or e-bay , I'm wondering if I should bother counting and listing these , or pitch them? I probably have 5000+.
Bill Jordan calvin308@hotmail.com

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy"

Comments

• The GinralThe Ginral Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bill,

I tried reloading a few once, after saving probably a case of empties, without any luck.

I think they're too thin walled and "crushable".

Didn't work at it real hard but think I gave it a fair try. I still buy them because they're cheap, I just don't save 'em.
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The hulls made for skeet and trap shooting tend to be better for reloading, both in terms of data available and general quality.
    The "off brand" (non-skeet/trap) are only intended to be fired once.
    As far as listing them, well...IMHO...let's just say that your actual shipping cost would be higher than the 5000 hulls would bring.
  • Bill JordanBill Jordan Member Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys; I've got a guy at the club who might try them and a former Marine I bought them from who thanks us all.

Bill Jordan

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy"
  • leadburnerleadburner Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey,Bill Jordon,I recieved about 300 of these(out of a 5 gal bucket full+)and they reloaded very well.I went to them first because I had never used them before,so I thought there might be a challenge.I'd say put them on an auction,reload them,or give them to someone who loads,then go out and bust a bunch of clay birds with your friend the reloader.[:)]