In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

yo Oregunner

have you tried to see if it works yet

Comments

• Options
    OregunnerOregunner Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're talking about primers & WD-40 the answer is yes. I posted results on the original thread. Take a look.
  • Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    no
    the pistol rounds with out case lube

i still think you should have recieveda Goverment grant on the primer research
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootlow
    no
    the pistol rounds with out case lube

i still think you should have recieveda Goverment grant on the primer research

Nope, haven't tried the dry pistol cases yet Shootlow. I have to empty some first. I have 300-400 cast .44 bullets all lubrisized & ready to load, I need to break out the ol' Super Blackhawk & empty some.

Right now I'm working on .308 Norma Magnums. I found a handful of .300 Win Mags today so I turned 'em into .308 Norma. They turned out real nice after annealing. Speaking of .308 Norma, I got the new Cabela shooting catalog yesterday. .308 Norma Magnums are $81.99 a box! At those prices I shot up $175 worth last Sunday! I guess I should be happy I loaded $81.99 worth tonight. I used up the last of my H450 Sunday so I'm trying some H4831SC. It liked IMR4831 but my Dillon didn't. The SC version works fine through the dump, now if the gun likes it I'm in. If not I'll try H414.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I emptied a box of .44's last weekend Shootlow. I loaded 'em without lube. It works- *but*- I had to lean on the handle quite a bit harder & the cases were badly scratched. I didn't clean the dies first, that might have helped, but next time I'll lube at least every fifth or sixth case. I'm also going to phase out my RCBS dies & go to all Dillon for my pistols asap. The Dillon dies are carbide & work *much* better in a progressive press all around.