In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mini 14

rhino43rhino43 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
What a good load for a Ruger Mini 14, heavy bullets or lite ones boat tail or hollow points[?]????????

Comments

• Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the standard twist of a Ruger Mini-14 I would stick to the 55-60 gr. bullet range even though they will stabilize 62 gr. bullets. Any of the more modern bullets in the Varmint category is all you are going to get for accuracy from a mini-14. Don't get me wrong, I think they have their purpose and I personally like them, I just think that making bullet choices and load workup's aren't going to make the rifle dead on for 200+yd. shots. Bullet choices in this rifle will do nothing really for good accuracy but they will give the proper terminal performance you may need for what you are shooting at.

Why did this post twice?...Administrator...save me from this shame![[:D][:D][:D][:D][:o)]
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the standard twist of a Ruger Mini-14 I would stick to the 55-60 gr. bullet range even though they will stabilize 62 gr. bullets. Any of the more modern bullets in the Varmint category is all you are going to get for accuracy from a mini-14. Don't get me wrong, I think they have their purpose and I personally like them, I just think that making bullet choices and load workup's aren't going to make the rifle dead on for 200+yd. shots. Bullet choices in this rifle will do nothing really for good accuracy but they will give the proper terminal performance you may need for what you are shooting at.