In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

RUM brass group buy, need some buyers

JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
anyone shooting the RUM who wants to get in on a large purchase of FEDERAL RUM brass, jump over to the GD forum and follow the link then let us know how many you are in for. The more we buy, the better it gets. You 7mm RUM guys can neck this stuff down and fully turn your necks for near perfect runout without losing any nk thickness over 7rum brass[:p]

We have 3 of us thus far looking for 550cases at the moment,..but I bet the multiples of 1000 cases makes this brass even more and more attractive in price.

We all know it will prep out much faster than Rem brass which is all that is currently available in mass qty. C'mon guys, lets grab a lot of this stuff and all get it cheaper.

Ray B has said he would receive the bulk and handle the shipping from his end. If we get close to a price break I might even take a few more to make it cheaper on everyone.[8D]

Comments

• DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are we talking .300 or .338 RUM? If it is .338, I will take a hundred or maybe two hundred depending on the deal. Let me know. thanks.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don,

This supply is .300 RUM only but that shouldn't stop you from shortening and necking some of it up for the .338 RUM.

Best.
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nononsense, Thanks for the offer, but honestly, I have never "necked up" any brass. I'm sure I could do it with the proper tools, but I'll pass.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don, you have the tools already. Once it goes into your sizing die, it will come out as a 338rum, the expander ball will open the neck.
  • temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    338Rum has the shoulder set back from the 300Rum. -- It will work but he would be working the brass quite a bit and trimming quite a bit initially -- It's hard enough on the brass on it's own.........