In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TiteGroup

I bought a container of Titegroup on Friday after hearing recomendations from several reloaders. I intend to use the powder for 45 target work and am wondering what your suggestions would be for favored loads. Will use a SWC 200 grain lead bullet.

Sig232
NRA Patron Member

Comments

• Options
    PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use it in both 45 Colt and 357 rifles. My load for the 45 is 7 grains under a 200 grain plated bullet. The powder is clean burning and easy to meter.
    Pete
  • Options
    duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sig, before you apply 7gr of titegroup to 45-anything, let us know if you're loading 45acp or 45colt. 7gr of titegroup in 45acp could be real bad news while I'm sure it's just fine in 45 colt (I don't load 45 colt yet, so I dunno).

Best wishes.
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I bought the Titegroup primarly for reloading 45ACP. Shoot it in the full size Kimber Gold Match. I like a mild load for target, but accruacy is the goal.

I do have a Ruger 45 Long Colt and use W-231 to load that round.

I would be beholden to anyone who would be willing to share their best loads for the above cal.

Sig232
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I did notice the post about using Titegroup for the 9mm. I do load that from time to time having loaded up a supply of cast bullets from Oregon Trail. Then...........I found out that you are not supposed to use them in Glocks. So...I plan to buy some coated bullets and do that over.

Sig232
  • Options
    gclmemgclmem Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used Titegroup for 45 lc but only 5.7 gr which agrees with the Lee handbook for a less than max load. I was using the Hornady 250 gr. XTP and Win mag primer pistol caps. Results are good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info for the 45LC 5.7 to 7.0 gr titegroup. I will take a look at the manuals also but like to get opinions from folks who have experience.

Sig232
  • Options
    duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sig, I use 4.9gr titegroup in a 200gr Lasercast LSWC and it runs ~877fps. It's plenty accurate and very manageable. Now, using 4.9gr of titegroup in a Berry's 200gr copper SWC, I get fantastic groups and almost non-existant recoil, chronographing about 772fps. I've found with all my 45acp loads that copper plated bullets run ~100fps slower than their lead counterparts. For 230gr RN loads, 4.6gr titegroup runs ~721fps in a Berry's copper RN and 820'ish fps for the lead RN 230gr.

I'll offer more accurate chronograph information when I'm back home tomorrow and can get to my load book. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Ducky, for the imput for 45ACP using Titegroup!

Sig232