In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Powder prices in your area...

I'm trying to determine the average price of a couple powders, to see whether I'm on the high or low end (I suspect high) - specifically, Varget and H4895.

Here in Cincinnati, I can get Varget for about $18/lb. 4831 is about a dollar lower. I haven't found a place that offers 4895 yet.

Outside of Columbus, I can get 4895 for $20/lb (used to be $19).

Add any other powders that you think would be relevant.

Comments

• richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Thats a touch high, but reasonable. Not so high as to make me cringe.
  • PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, you should live in Northern California! I am looking at a pound of Lil'Gun I bought a month or two ago, and the price sticker says $24.10 (plus 8.25% sales tax). It is almost getting high enough for me to buy on line and pay hazmat and shipping.
    Pete
  • dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Prices are creeping up in Nebraska as well. Gundealer that is located 160 miles away, is still at $17/lb for anything you want. But, he also reloads commercially.

Everybody else....$19.xx...Wally World....$23.

Primers, bullets, and cases are creeping up a bit as well.

There is another shop, 160 miles away....8 pounds of powder is $102.xx...THAT is the best price I have seen anywhere. If you buy two eight pounders, that paid for fuel!!!
  • ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    In central Indiana at gander mountain 7828 is $22.99lb. at bass pro it was $19.99 but that was 1 hour 45 minutes away. all of gander mountains powder is 22.99
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gander jumped all their powder prices here in the Twin cities to full MSRP. Before they did that though it was $15.99-16.99 for the garden varieties. $18.99-21.99 for the spicy (varget, extreme etc.) and 23.99 for Vihtavuori. Now all Gander basic stuff is $21.99(G), 24.99(S) and 26.99 for VV.
    I get all my powder up at the Gunstop. His prices are just above what you can get if for from Midway or other powder suppliers but you don't have to pay the $20.00 HAZMAT fee. He also give a good break on 8 lb. containers.
  • MosinNagantDiscipleMosinNagantDisciple Member Posts: 2,612
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PJ
    Man, you should live in Northern California! I am looking at a pound of Lil'Gun I bought a month or two ago, and the price sticker says $24.10 (plus 8.25% sales tax). It is almost getting high enough for me to buy on line and pay hazmat and shipping.
    Pete

I'm considering that myself. I like the prices at www.powdervalleyinc.com - even with the haz-mat fee, I'd be paying at least $20 less for an 8 pound jug than I would anywhere else.
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    quote:

I'm considering that myself. I like the prices at www.powdervalleyinc.com - even with the haz-mat fee, I'd be paying at least $20 less for an 8 pound jug than I would anywhere else.

Thants where most of mine comes from, order 2-3 times a year, whenever I get a 40-50 pound order.
  • wynn24wynn24 Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live aroudn the Springfield, MO area and varget runs about $22.99 per lb. All of their powders run about the same price. Alliant and IMR are a little cheaper around this area but still 18.00-21.00.