In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

45 case question

mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was loading some 45 acp last night, When I found a case with a small primer pocket.

The brass is marked "win nt" "45 auto" I found this one case in a bunch of once fired stuff.

Any ideas??

Comments

• duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    toss it. The non-toxic stuff uses SP primers and will just get in the way of your loading for .45acp. You're better off throwing it away
  • temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They load those for fewer fumes at indoor ranges ( non-toxic). Unless you have a bunch of them and want to load them in a different batch from the large primer brass they will just cause confusion at the bench during the priming stage and may need a different powder/charge than your other brass...............[8D]
  • mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just tossed it in the trash, But was curious to its purpose. Thanks.
  • haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    Takes a second to figure out why a primer won't go in there doesn't it? I know I had to study it for a few seconds before I realized it has a small primer. Some people do reload them as a separate batch, but I figure they must be hard up for 45 brass.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello at least you did not break the decapping pin . I shoot bulls-eye matches and sometimes another shooter will pick up your brass when you go downrange to score targets if you slip a few BERDAM 45 cases in his brass bag it will break him of this bad habit :-)