In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

redding 357 max profile crimp die?

ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
i am getting ready too start reloading some 357 max carts..i seen this die up for auction,do i need it?i have a set of lee carbide dies in 357 mag that i thought would work for the max cart.any help is apprec,thanks don

Comments

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i bought a lee taper crimp for my 357 max,works fine.
  • bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    Hey dd what are you shooting these out of? I reloaded for my Contender and used no crimp. Got outstanding groups at 100 yards...Bull
  • ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i hAVE a ruger blackhawk and i am building a 357 max h&r single shot rifle.what weight bullet is best and what powder is recomended too stop the flame cutting issue in the blackhawk?thanks don
  • bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    I was using 180 grain silhouette Nosler bullets and charging it with 18.4 grains of H 4227. Shot really well in my Super 14 Contender and load density was 83%. You might want to get some more info from someone who has also reloaded for the max. The loads I was shooting were pretty mild and I think the problem with cutting the top strap is people were loading them to hot.Keep them on the mild side and you should br alright...Bull