In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

P-W Metallic II Press

Anyone out there use the Ponsness-Warren Metallic II press? How do you like it?
Thanks

Comments

• sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I have to plead ignorance, I have never heard of that brand of press. Is that the Mexican version of Dillion?

I had an old Pacific and a RCBS that I recently sold but I have never come across your press.

Post a picture!

Sig232
    NRA Patron Member
  • MosinNagantDiscipleMosinNagantDisciple Member Posts: 2,612
    edited November -1
    metallicII.jpeg

Never heard of it before - apparently its a semi-progressive? For the price ($395!!!) You could get a fully-progressive dillon press.
  • schutzenutsschutzenuts Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is actually a LINEAR progressive. Surely someone out there is using one, or knows someone who does!
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello I know this company has a very good rep. on shotshell reloaders however from looking at this press in person . my take was it was a bandade ATTEMPT to get into the Metallic reloader market. If I had one I would use it and make the most of what it is but I think there are better presses on the market . I have loaded between 7,000 and 10,000 45acp rounds a year for the last 35 + years on a Star. loader and only thing I have ever broken was 2 decapping pins from 380 auto cases stuck inside the 45 case. If I wanted a high volumn loader I would get a star as my first choice and a dillon 550 or 650 as second choice..
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    Everyday is a learning experience, I have not heard of a "star" press either. Guess I need to do some research. I love my Dillon 550!

Sig232
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Sig I tried to send you a email thru this sight but it was returned .The star is a 1930's design that IMHO has never been beat .It was first used by police dept to reload practice ammo and these presses load 1 MILLION rounds plus the they were made so you could interchange calibers by changeing dies and shell plate . I have been loading on mine for over 35 years and only thing I have broken was 2 decapping pins broken on 380 auto cases stuck inside 45 cases. They are made of cast iron and harden steel No Plastic . I have been buying and selling /set up and instruct on their use to many bulls-eye shooters in my state . The dillon is a design that uses mand of the same ideas of a star but IMHO no where near as well made if you search on this site under reloading equipment there is one going off today but will most likely be relisted. Or Email me for more history and pictures. Cheers "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"