In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

custom barrels

I want to have my 300 weatherby rebarreled with a 26" match grade barrel my question is what barrel makers would most of the guys out there suggest I was considering a Kreiger 26" 1-10" stainless match grade [8D] any oppinions or help will be greatly apprieciated[:)]

Comments

• mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Your choice of Kreiger is a good one, but there are lots more out there that are as good.
    A good barrel is a good barrel no matter who make's it !!
    Lilja, Broughton,Shilen,Spencer, and the list goes on and on.
    I prefer Pac-Nor, as they have always done right by me.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    any of the top end makers turn out very true and precise barrels now days. The machining tools and barrel steel are cut to exacting tolerances and are of much higher quality than in the past.

lilja, pacnor, kreiger, shilen, broughton, border, mike rock, schneider, hart, etc.
  • BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a couple of Shilen barrels that have been great. I would have to second Pac-Nor though. I have been through there operation twice and they build a very good product and are nice people to boot. I have a buddy that builds .50 bmg rifles and he uses Pac-Nor for the barrels. He has sold a few hundred and has never had a problem with any of the Pac-Nors.
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I compete with several PacNor barrels.[;)]
  • ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the opinions and info would like to try my hand at long range competition[:p]