In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

N0. 9 1/2 Primers

rhino43rhino43 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
Been using cci got some 9 1/2 Remington for a good price. Just wondering if they are the same as cci or hotter?[?] Thanks for time[:D] cci 200

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rhino43,

There isn't necessarily a direct comparison between primers. But with an allowance for slight variations, the Remington 9-1/2 primers are similar to the CCI 250's. Since you didn't mention the CCI primer that you're using this is the only comparison that I can give you.

Test carefully since there is no direct data. Start lower and work up to your actual load.

Best.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rhino43,

I apologize, I read my little chart wrong. Your CCI 200 primer is similar to the Remington 9-1/2. I mis-read the first reference and missed the (M) after the 9-1/2 for the CCI 250 crossover.

No matter what, don't take the supposed performance similarity for granted. Test your way up to your current loads.

Best.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Anytime you change anything at all in a reload you must start over again at a lower charge just to be on the safe side.