In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

shot shell loader?

jarjar Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
I have been reloading for about a year now have been useing a worn out mec 9000. I am looking to buy a new loader, have been thinking of a 336 honady or just a new mec. I dont load a whole lot but my son and I go thru some shells. any sugestions? thanks to all that reply.

Comments

• Options
    The GinralThe Ginral Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can't go wrong sticking with MEC. No experience with Hornady except for an OLD DL-105 30 years ago.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    While I have and use a Lee Loadmaster II, I'd avoid it; it leaks powder, is hard to empty the remaingin powder/shot, and occasionally crimps off center. That said, it DOES produce functioning shells, good enough for just fun shooting.
  • Options
    guffieguffie Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been using a MEC Sizemaster for years. I've been well pleased with it. I load a box of shells in about 7 minutes with no rush. It's held up well. I'd buy another one.
  • Options
    rollnblockrollnblock Member Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    stay away from the mec 9000 the talk at the trap club is that they are very inconsistant. a lot of poofs. ive been loading on a 366 for 30 + years and works ok. if i had my way there would be a new ponsness warren on the bench thow. http://www.reloaders.com/

a spolar is also good.
    http://www.spolargold.com/spolar.htm

ATS is comming out with a electric auto cycler for the pw. they have one for the 9000 mec.
    sorry cant find the linkl for ats
  • Options
    ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the 366 is not user friendly like some of the machines...if you operate the handle with no hull in place,i'ts cleanup time.ugh.
    I"ve seen the rcbs Grand in action,and it sure looked good.
  • Options
    Remington52865Remington52865 Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    there is nothing wrong with the mecs the poofs are coming for the componets the people at the trap club are using. I use a mec and i love it i havn't had a problem yet