In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does anyone still make shotshell reloading capsule

hpsarsohpsarso Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
Once upon a time (about 10-15yrs. ago) I remember seeing there was available shotshell capsules for handgun cartridges (before CCI shotshell cartridges were the only things to be found!!!)
Does anyone know of anyplace that still has these shot capsules available for the 38/357mag...as the little woman and I are moving out in the boondocks where copperheads are around and know about the smell of cucumbers to alert of their presence...better for them to die then either of us (the old lady and I(believe it or not...she knows I call her the old lady...and I can sleep safe at night!!! :-)
So if anyone out here has the 411 on somewhere that still carries these wonderful items...please pass it on as I know my Dillon 650 press would LOVE to churn out some of these beauties,so the woman and I can go ride our quad runners around the 11.5 acres without the fear of being whacked by one of these critters...thanks

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    CCI sells the blue capsules that they load their shotshells with. This is a much easier way to make them than the old style. I usually get mine from Midway. They sell them in boxes of 50. My problem is finding #12 shot because I only need 1-2 pounds not 25lbs. www.midwayusa.com
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello BHAVIN you might want to ask if there are any TURKEY SHOOTS in your area In most of them in Va. use #12 shot in their shells you could get one shell and load a dozen pistol shot shells.
  • Options
    hpsarsohpsarso Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's what I was looking for...thanks alot...most appreciated(the CCI's have #9 shot in em...I don't think that Mr. Copperhead is going to live either way...9, or 12 shot.
    I'll check out Midway (I must've missed it in my trails thru their site...unless they have it in shotgun reloading accessories!!!)
    I'll find it...I wonder if copperhead taste like chicken like rattlesnake does????????????????
    Sounds like a cooking experiment coming up!!!Maybe!
  • Options
    mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Midway has Speer shotshell capsules and Cheaper Than Dirt is said to have #12 shot. Emery
  • Options
    GUNFUNCOGUNFUNCO Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A while back I contacted a guy at Thompson Center. (T/C used to make the "Hot Shot" capsules that were larger than Speer's and only designed to shoot in a Contender.) I inquired if they would ever make them again and he told me that if there was enough demand, he thought it would be no problem. Folks should let them know.....