In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Loading 9mm w/ BLC-2

HKmanHKman Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
Hey guys, Just wandering if anyone has used a spherical rifle powder for non-magnum pistols.

The reason I was asking is I use Hodg. BLC-2 in my .223 and I wanted to try some test loads with the BLC in the 9mm but it is alot slower than the 800-X I use now. but I can't find any info on these loads and I don't want to try it without knowing a safe place to start.

any info will be helpful. Safe or not safe etc... Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    RadCatRadCat Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used many different powders for loading the 9mm Luger. I have loaded it with fast powders for "minor" power, and with slow powders for "major" power factor loads. If you like Hodgdon powders, try using HS-6 with bullet weight from 115 to 130. There are some "starter" loads listed right on the bottle.

I have not used the powder you listed. As you mentioned, the burning rate is very slow. Maybe too slow to be effective in such a small case, even if you filled it to the top. (which is not recommended)
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Too slow fo pistol. A straight walled case will not build up pressure fast enough to get complete burn before bullet leaves the barrel.
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wrong burn rate. Wrong application.....
  • Options
    HKmanHKman Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info guys, thats what I was looking for.[:)]