In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

looking for .451 diameter 185g W crimping grove

rediceredice Member Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
For my .45lc revolvers anyone know of a place that carries them?

Comments

• Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not off hand. Others may.
    Have you considered something like the Corbin cannelure tool?
    I've used mine to put grooves in .400 XTP;s for my .38-40. Real slick and not that expensive.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RCrosby
    Not off hand. Others may.
    Have you considered something like the Corbin cannelure tool?
    I've used mine to put grooves in .400 XTP;s for my .38-40. Real slick and not that expensive.

Thanks never herd of that, at $80+ thow I think I will continue to look for a source for bullets :) actualy I ordered some hard cast lead 160 grain bullets I found earlier today I want jacketed but they might work from the sounds of it doesnt sound like they give much buildup, anyhow will see.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    redice,
    You might want to try a Lee Factory Crimp die and un-grooved bullets.
    I've had great luck with them on thin necked rounds like the .44-40 and 32.20, on bullets with and w/o cannelures. They cost about $10.00
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RCrosby
    redice,
    You might want to try a Lee Factory Crimp die and un-grooved bullets.
    I've had great luck with them on thin necked rounds like the .44-40 and 32.20, on bullets with and w/o cannelures. They cost about $10.00

Just checked to make sure, I do have the factory crimp die. Thats what comes in the deluxe 4 die set. Its doing so much of a crimp that it doesnt look right afterword yet I can still push the bullets in, it must just be the bullets I have.