In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ATF Manufacture license

awindsawinds Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
When I reload for my friends and/or hunting buddies, do I need a manufacturers license? I would only charge the bare cost of the components and make no profit. Wold appreciate your input before I stick my neck out and ask ATF. Thanks for any insight. Ken

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ever hear of don't ask, don't tell? I load for lots of my friends and never even looked into it.
    The other way I look at it... It is easier to get forgiveness than permission. This also works well with wives.
  • Options
    awindsawinds Member Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, guys. Now, how do I delete this topic and go back to being normal ?? I can't find a trash can icon to click.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $4000 for a destructive devices manufacturing permit...[;)]
  • Options
    rediceredice Member Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrseatle
    $4000 for a destructive devices manufacturing permit...[;)]

$35 bucks for a ammunition manufacture licensce. I actualy have thought about it a few times.
  • Options
    RustyNailRustyNail Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually.........$30.00. but don't hold your breath waiting for ATF to process the app--I've been waiting two months so far.
  • Options
    rediceredice Member Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RustyNail
    Actually.........$30.00. but don't hold your breath waiting for ATF to process the app--I've been waiting two months so far.

If they havent called you you may want to give them a buzz see if they even recieved it. I had to do this for my C&R they misplaced it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually my app is for manufacturing ammo plus a regular class one dealer's license. An ammo manufacturing license might be quicker, so don't let me discourage you. Still, I probably should call them to make sure the process hasn't stalled somehow--good idea, Thanks.
  • Options
    WWllVetWWllVet Member Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually as long as you are only supplying the time and labor, ( and your equipment ), there is no problem. Let your Buddies supply all of the componants, i.e. brass, primers, powder and bullets. The only investment you will have to eat is your time.

for GOD and COUNTRY

Vet
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    The other thing to think about..if one of your buddies rams his gun barrel into the dirt and then fires that rifle..he or his widow will probably sue you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah HB, I thought about that too! I'd be more reluctant to sell reloads as an individual. I incorporated an LLC (Limited Liability Company)so that this would be the entity to sue. My understanding is that they could only sue for the entire value of the company, rather than going after my personal assets. I'm not a lawyer so if anyone knows this to be innaccurate, please don't hesitate to speak up[:D][:D]