In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.338 lupua mag

Need to know what you think of the round. thanks

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Expensive, hard to find, requires a special receiver, dosn't do anything the 338 RUM dosn't do.

BTW it's Lapua (like the ammo company)

Edit for typo
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Get a .338 RUM.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    overpriced brass, burns more powder than the RUM for very little gain. I'd build the 338RUM or if you want all the power you can get, the 338-300RUM improved. Brass is cheaper, more available, and the standard .532" boltface will handle it.
  • Options
    blackmesariflecoblackmesarifleco Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This strongly depends on what you are looking for and like quoted before the price difference is staggering. Even though there is minimal difference in velocity with such large case capacities I don't prefer the .338 RUM. I have not seen anything on the .338 300Rum but by guessing the name itis a necked up .300 RUM which would be really close to a .338 Black Mesa Express that has been around longer just didn't catch the hype or advertising that Remington gets. Check out
    http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/blackmesaexpress/. Although cheaper to acquire and shoot true potential is gain only by a well built firearm.