In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need help.

jc_crazyhorsejc_crazyhorse Member Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey folks,

I inherited a couple Dillon Presses from my father in law when he died. I have never reloaded in my life. I can look at these things all day, and still can't figure out if all the parts are there. Anyway, can anybody suggest a book, or site to look at to get me started?

Thanks,

Crazyhorse

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    went out to day to try out some load that i loaded up an came home just a little upset. im working on a pro hunter 25-06 with a 26 inch barrel tring to shoot 100 grain barnes triple shocks. i started out with 57.5 grains of magpro an went up to the max an what barnes says is the best load of 60.5. but nothing even came close to shooting with factory ammo. what does everyone think i havent had this problem on none of my other loads but this is my first barnes load an i have another rifle that im goin to try them in being 30-378 weatherby but im hoping that they shoot better than this.well hope some one can save my sanity because im liking what ive seen here today. well thanks for everyones help on this
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jc_crazyhorse,

Dillon's customer service is second to none and considered to be the best in the industry. I would call or e-mail Dillon direct and tell them exactly what you just told us and they should be able to supply you with operation manuals and helpful advice. They may even have set up help on tape or CD.

Once you get set up and you anticipate questions, call them back or use the e-mail. There are also several dedicated Dillon users here that can help you out if you want to give us a chance.

Best.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Email me and I can email you the parts breakdown pictures so that you can check. I will need to know what models they are (the model is cast into the press on the body. I have the RL550B list handy and I can get the others pretty easy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll have to look to see what the model # is. 550 sounds right, but I don't know about the "B". I'll get back to you with that.

Thanks,

Crazyhorse.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And read some load manuals in the mean time. That will help with your understanding of setting up dies as well as loading.