In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dies

reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
How Important(if at all) is it to use The same companys dies when reloading more than one caliber??

Comments

• Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    It is not important at all. The only thing I can think of, is that some adjust differently. I use Lee, RCBS, Lyman, and Hornady.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    reddnek,

It makes no difference at all other than what is pointed out above, you need to keep track of how each set needs to be adjusted.

The most important aspect of all dies is how concentric/true they are made, how they fit into your press and maintain concentricity when they're in that press and how concentric the ammunition is that they produce. I've used dies from every manufacturer known including some that are extremely old and others by some not so well know custom makers. The ones that don't make concentric ammunition get pitched and the others get regular use.

Best.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it doesn't matter at all, just as long as they make concentric ammo and they stay set correctly. I have quite a few die manufacturers on the load bench, as well as all makes of other tools from various manuf.
  • Options
    reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the information, I figured this was the case but I wanted some more input