In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Richards Gunstocks

Does any one know any information about Richards Microfit Gunstocks.

Comments

• Options
    rollnblockrollnblock Member Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive used richards before. ive finished out about 7-8 stock from him. all were very nice only one had a void and was told about that when i ordered it. but it was in a color combination he doesnt carry. it was what was left from a special order. the inletting is very good. he always leave enough for you to fit your gun to it.
  • Options
    shooter93shooter93 Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They were very far off thir delivery dates for me. Terrible customer service if yoy called or e-mailed. They wouldn't answer till after you called many times . When the stock did finally come it left much to be disired.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I personally would rather use one from Boydsgunstocks.com.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrbruce
    I personally would rather use one from Boydsgunstocks.com.

Had real good luck with them. Got a nice piece of walnut for my T-99 Arisaka. It was in their "seconds" bin, but for a basic handle, it does real good. Interesting thing, it had a slight left hand cast, (cast off?) but with a right-hand cheek piece. Well, sir, being a l-h shooter, I just sanded the old cheekpiece off and, voila! Nice back-up rifle.
  • Options
    ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When ever I want a laminate stock I call Boyd's. When I want a better then basic grade of walnut I go with Richard's. They have been going full tilt for the last couple of years now, since Fajen went under. So if you tell me that they're on the slow side, I wouldn't be surprised. Lucky for me I live only 20min away and can walk in and pick from what they have on hand. Cash n carry, the only way to go. If time is an issue I would recomend that a buyer ask what they have on the shelf at that time, don't email. If they have something that will work for you they should be able to get it on it way to you in short order. They generally have on hand at any given time a pretty impressive supply of stocks for a wide variety of rifles. Usually a couple of dozen different types and grades of Mauser M98 stocks along with a good assortment of Rem 700s and Win M70s. The last time I wanted a M96 full length stock for a mannlicher project they had (3) to pick from. The only time I ordered a custom stock cut for me I ended up waiting eight or nine weeks for it, and then I had to drive over and pick it up.....
  • Options
    Explorer1Explorer1 Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Richards, good people making a decent product. If they could meet schedules, I say almost great.

But like many, both in and out of the gun world, they promise and do not quite make it. I recall taking 2.5 years to get an barrel which was IN STOCK that I was promised in less than 3 months so.......makes the extra time I spent waiting for my last Richards stock seem like it was on time.

So,if the have what you like, be ready to wait and remember, it is an unfinished stock so you do have to do something to finish it.

I have 3 on hand to finish and will order more. Its your choice.