In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I did it!

My reloads didn't kill me. I reloaded for my .40 cal semi auto. I'm still in one piece.It was sweet.The pattern was great.Man am I going to have fun.[:D][:D][:D]

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you! I think that maybe you forgot one of the basics of safety though. I bet you had your 1. hearing protection. 2. your hearing protection. 3. I bet you forgot! 3. Is your not so smart friend that tests your loads for you! Hmm where have all my friends gone?[}:)]
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Now for the FUN part-you get to load 'em AGAIN!
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are hooked, Congrats!!!!!!
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    If you're married, I hope your wife is very understanding. I hunkered in the man-cave all day yesterday. With temps hitting 105 in the shade here in Sterling, it was a good day to reload. I cranked out 400 45 acp's and 50 44 mag's. I'd have done more of the 44's if I hadn't run out of magnum primers. When I went back in to the house ot get a soda, my wife held up or daughter and asked her "Do you remember that man? He's your daddy!"

I took the hint.

I also took the opportunity to make a case for a good, auto-indexing progressive press. After all, I'd have spent a whole lot less time out in the shop if I had one...

She wasn't buying it.

So I guess I'm not, either.
  • Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    It was kind of funny. I put one round in each of my three clips.The guys on each side of me must have thought I was nuts.Like Mr you have a semi auto ,why only load one round?All three rounds landed in the the bull or very close.I could not believe how smooth the rounds went off.The slow burning Clays powder did not have the kick of factory loads.Either that or I was squeezing the neck the of my pistal so hard it could not rock back on me.[:D][:D][:D]I can't believe how much better reloads are then factory loads are.I blew the bulls eye out plus all the other 15 rounds landed in the 7 ring or closer to the bulls eye.Yup, I'm hooked.At 25 yards out I got fifteen in the bulls eye and five in the nine ring.
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Congrats!

You have now been afflicted with an incurable disease and attend a nightly website to help you determine the syptoms and the necessary remedies! LOL!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by victorlvlb
    It was kind of funny. I put one round in each of my three clips.The guys on each side of me must have thought I was nuts.Like Mr you have a semi auto ,why only load one round?All three rounds landed in the the bull or very close.I could not believe how smooth the rounds went off.The slow burning Clays powder did not have the kick of factory loads.Either that or I was squeezing the neck the of my pistal so hard it could not rock back on me.[:D][:D][:D]I can't believe how much better reloads are then factory loads are.I blew the bulls eye out plus all the other 15 rounds landed in the 7 ring or closer to the bulls eye.Yup, I'm hooked.At 25 yards out I got fifteen in the bulls eye and five in the nine ring.

Be careful, though. There's no 12-step program for this addiction. Next thing ya know, you'll be on "Intervention", screaming,
    "I can quit any time I want to!"
  • Options
    dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife came out to my shop Sunday afternoon after I had been to the range all morning. She caught me sitting on the floor sorting range brass. She said I looked like a little kid playing with his toys. I felt like a King counting his gold. My 9mm and .380 cast bullet reloads let me get a lot a practice at the pistol range. The 9mm's also go throught my carbine at the rifle range as well. Free brass was plentiful. 9mm, 40 S&W, 30-06, .308, .223, and 7.62 x 39mm. I don't use the .223, 40 S&W or the .308 right now but I take them anyway. The brass 7.62 x 39 cases are like gold to me, my SKS likes to throw them away and is seemed like everyone else is using steel case ammo.

Tim
  • Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    yep your hooked
    there is no stoping you now
  • Options
    wynn24wynn24 Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on accepting a true sickness..... I have only been reloading for 5 months and i cant help myself. More equipment, more guns, more shooting, the list is never ending on what my money will go towards. "This addiction" some call reloading.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wynn24
    Congrats on accepting a true sickness..... I have only been reloading for 5 months and i cant help myself. More equipment, more guns, more shooting, the list is never ending on what my money will go towards. "This addiction" some call reloading.

It gets really bad when you find a casing at the range you've never seen before, then start looking that caliber up on GunBroker to see what kind of gun it fits, then start doing the math to see when you could afford it...
    Yeah, it gets that bad.