In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cal. .243/AA2230c powder

[8D]-A while back I asked for some advice on using this powder.Not much response, so I tried about 10 different loads using this powder(which I have a lot of)in my Wby Vanguard .243 and the end result was: 37.7 gr/70grBTHP Sierra/cci primers BR2 and a 100yd group of .444" (3). End of testing the .243. So now I'll start with my Wby 22-250 and see if I can't get much better!![:o)][:o)]--JIMBO

Comments

• Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]--No more advice or info, what a worthless cause: SAYONARA--[|)][|)]
  • Options
    rovernutrovernut Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds good. I'll try it in my custom '98 Mannlicher, I have a lot of 2230 too.
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Change the primer to the CCI 450 Magnum primer....run a ladder test.

I bet your groups shrink.
  • Options
    steve4102steve4102 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rovernut
    sounds good. I'll try it in my custom '98 Mannlicher, I have a lot of 2230 too.

Don't confuse 2230 with 2230C. This is from Accurate's web site.

Information: We do not have specific published load information for the 2230 C powder. It's a military surplus "Spherical" or "Spherical" powder, which is basically a derivative of the standard AA 2230 and 2460 powders. 2230 C is slightly slower burning than the standard AA 2230 product, which makes it more equivalent to AA2460. You can use any published load information, on any caliber configuration, for the standard AA2460 product AS IS. Since the powder can be used in a wide variety of caliber/configurations (too many to list here).