In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hoarding brass

TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
Darned if I don't love my .260 Remington and think it is a total shame that it has not caught on better. Performance is superior.

So it seems like every time I go to my local Scheels I buy 50 rnds of Remington .260 brass. I don't want to be scrambling some day because it is getting scarce.

Anyone else doing this?

TB

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    If one is a handloader..one hoards ALL brass..[8D]

Look into buying a thousand pieces..should be far cheaper, if you look around a bit.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    308 brass will be around for thousands of years so don't worry to much about the .260 brass for now.......
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hoard lapua 308 brass and you'll be good to go.
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've just never been able to warm up to anything on the 308 case. But I love all the 06 offspring. It really doen't have anything to do with the fact that anything the 08 can do the 06 can do better.
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mbsams
    I've just never been able to warm up to anything on the 308 case. But I love all the 06 offspring. It really doen't have anything to do with the fact that anything the 08 can do the 06 can do better.

whoa...hehe.

Kind of tough with the shoulder angle on that 06 case...is it not?

PS...I REALLY like 06 and all of the children from it as well.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Teanblue,

The .260 Rem. is slowly gaining in popularity in the consumer market and a little faster in the long range/competition market due to its showing in the winner's circles. The biggest problem is with the domestic case manufacturers, they aren't producing cases with a level of quality that we are demanding so they are seeing their market shrink. I also don't think that the manufacturers are loading what the consumers wants to see in over-the-counter ammunition.

You call it hoarding and I call it being prepared. We've all been caught without cases to load when we needed them and the scramble was on. So instead of taking chances, we buy ahead or buy in much larger quantities. I'm waiting right now for Norma to release the next run of 7x61 S&H Super and I can guarantee you that I will buy at least 1,000 cases just to be prepared either for a longer wait until the next run or if there isn't one.

Be sure to prep those cases that are stored for long periods of time to prevent oxidation. If you are storing once fired cases, make sure that you get the fouling out of the inside of the cases before putting them away.

Being prepared is a good thing!

Best.
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never turn down a case looking for a home. They may be made of brass but they might as well be gold as far as I am concerned. I 'm just a born pack rat I guess. After 40 plus years of reloading I also discovered Lapua brass and I love that stuff.