In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What is a good scope for a 10/22??

I just bought a 10/22 and am looking for GOOD optics for it. This 10/22 has quite a bit of extras (trigger work, after market barrel etc) and with the right scope can be quite a tackdriver. I will be using this for the occasional squirrel, but also for competative shoots out to at least 50 yards. So essentially I need a scope that can focus close in a low power setting (10 yards or so) as well as having enough magnification to shoot out to 100 yards.

I am thinking of the Leupold 4-12x40 with a fine reticle. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Dave

Comments

• Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    There are a lot of good scopes. If you want the best accuracy, buy one with an adjustable objective. Most high powered rifle scopes are paralaxed at 150 yds. I have used several 3-12x 40 AO scopes on various 22 rifles. I usually buy rimfire or air rifle scopes that will paralax adjust to 10 yds.
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pearyw
    There are a lot of good scopes. If you want the best accuracy, buy one with an adjustable objective. Most high powered rifle scopes are paralaxed at 150 yds. I have used several 3-12x 40 AO scopes on various 22 rifles. I usually buy rimfire or air rifle scopes that will paralax adjust to 10 yds.
    +1 on what he said. do you guys know the powers the bsa sweet 22 comes in?