In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

spotting scope ?

bwachobbwachob Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
I have started shooting CMP matches over the last few months and am in need of a decent spotting scope. I don't have a lot to spend starting out but do not want to get burned either. Our local range goes up to 300 yds and I was wanting to know if the Vanguard package at Creedmore was worth the money. thanks for any info.

Comments

• Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    on the low end,..Burris or Nikon. On the mid range end,..look VERY HARD at the Meopta spotters, they are very capable products. On the high end,..Kowa or Nikon with the ED glass or Leica and Swarovski.
  • Options
    dtknowlesdtknowles Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a Yukon. I believe it is made in Russia. It is plastic but it has a 100 mm objective and will zoom from 6 to 100 X. Has two separate objectives one for low power and one for high power. At 60 x I could easily see 22 cal. holes at 150 yards. I will not focus at 100 X that distance. At even closer ranges it will only focus at lesser magnification. It is kind of big but it is not long and it is not heavy because of the plastic construction. It has a tripod and a padded case that can stay on the scope while in use. I don't know about its lens coatings. It was $250. I can't wait to see what I can see at 500 and 1000 yards. I took a picture of a full moon with a digital camera through it, awesome, it is on my desktop.

Tim