In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Strange happening!!

wynn24wynn24 Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
In my ruger .22-250 i have been loading 33gr of winchester 748 with a cci magnum primer and a sierra 52 grain hollow point. I shot a group of 5 and then zeroed in. I also shot a varmit or two in between. And then another grouping the other night. Basically i have shot this load 16-18 times. Everything was fine, groups great, no signs of pressure, ect. Last night i shot same load and the case ejected very black, the neck was covered and a majority of the case. Wasnt sure of the problem so i fired another round. Same thing very black. The residue wipes right off but i haven't seen anything like this before. Any thoughts on what this could be. I have shot this load several times and no problem. I realize that the 33gr is near the bottom of loads recommended, and powder usually burns dirty at the low end, but i am using the magnum primer. Any input would be greatly aapreciated. Thanks Ryan

Comments