In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is there an easier way to lube case necks?

I am using the LEE case lube that is in a squeeze tube. This was fine for me when I was only resizing 20 cases in a sitting. Now I am lubing at least a hundred at a time and this method is killing me (especially lubing the inside of the neck and wiping away the excess after resizing). Is there an easier/faster way??

Dave

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dillon spray lube
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I use Hornady One Shot spray lube.

Get a cookie flat pan and line the cases up in rows. Spray, roll the cases a half-turn, and spray again.

give a light sweep down the row of case mouths.

Do your resizing and drop them in the tumbler/vibrator for a couple hours. Done...by the thousands.

EVERY time you handle a case...look for problems that will reject a case...EVERY TIME.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    RED ROOSTER case lube
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Yes....lightly...very lightly, roll a case neck brush with your favorite case lube, brush picks up enough to do at least 5-8 cases.

What cases are you reloading?

Now, I only make sure the case necks are clean - no lube needed.
  • Options
    victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    dcloco

Explain this case neck brush, I have never heard about it.
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Merely a bristle brush, somewhat caliber specific that, that is used by some reloaders. The brush is lubed, then inserted into the neck of the case.
    Another system is the use of graphite...sort of a little container with the brush sticking straight up in the air..you place the case over the brush and push straight down. The mouth of the case buries into the graphite...then the case is withdrawn, and the brush leaves only a slight film in the inside of the neck.

I prefer the dry spray lubes for several reasons...but no wet lube problems rank high on the list.
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of the above or you can get Carbide expander/sizing balls for your dies and you don't have to lube the inside of the neck. They sell them as replacement balls.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use the Lee lube by mixing about a quarter to a third of a tube in a spray bottle with 10 ounces of rubbing alcohol and shake well.Spray the cases,necks and all and let it dry before sizing.Works great and cost almost nothing.